ASP.NET and PHP both are server side technologies; PHP is open source and ASP.NET own by Microsoft .
The difference or features between them is as follows,
- It is a Microsoft technology
- It have expensive in cost
- It is a platform in which programming language such as VB.net or C# used to develop ASP.NET applications.
- It can be only used with IIS
- ASP.NET was launched in the year 2002
- It was launched by Microsoft technology
- ASP.NET work well with MS-SQL database
- It runs in Windows platform
- It code execution is slower compared to PHP
- net is built to run only on Windows platform.
- Mostly ASP.NET tools are costly
- Syntax of ASP.NET is similar visual Basic
- PHP is a open source technology
- It can be free to use
- It is a programming language used to create web applications
- PHP will work on any kind of server
- PHP was launched in the year 1995
- PHP was launched by Rasmus Lerdorf
- PHP work well with MYSQL database
- PHP runs in Linux operating system platform
- PHP execution is faster because PHP used uses in-build memory space
- PHP is compatible to work on other platform like Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Many PHP tools are free
- Syntax of PHP is similar to c and c++
Above points shows the difference between ASP.NET and PHP.