Sitemaps is the name implies are just a map of your whole website that means on one single page you show the structure of your website, the links between them, etc.
Sitemaps make navigating your website easier & having an updated sitemap on your site is good for both the users and for search engines. Sitemaps are an important way of communication with search engines.
Which are the importances’s of Sitemaps?
The importance of sitemaps is as follows:
- Sitemaps make navigating your site for your users and for search engines.
- Sitemaps are an important path of communication with search engines and it helps to navigate website to search engine.
- You should use site map as a tool to lead your visitor and the search engines to more content.
- A site map displays the inner framework of your website content to the search engines.
- Sitemap helps to increase the SEO of your website.
- Most important things about sitemap are, all the pages shown on your site map should also contain a link back to the site map.
- In ‘Introduction to Sitemaps‘, Google explicitly states that using a sitemap will never lead to penalty for your site.
Why Use a Sitemap?
- Provides text links to every page of your site.
- Sitemap provides a direction to search engine.
- Sitemaps offer the opportunity to inform search engines quickly about any new changes on your site.
- Sitemaps help in classifying your website content.
- Sitemap Quickly shows visitors to get where they need to go.
- If you build or develop new website then sitemap plays a vital role in your success.
Image Credit: www.softwaysolutions.com