Interview questions for freshers:
HTML Means :-HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, and HTML is the most widely used language to write Web Pages. As its name suggests, HTML is a markup language.
Hypertext refers to the way in which Web pages (HTML documents) are linked together. When you click a link in a Web page, you are using hypertext.
Following are the some interview questions.
1) Why are there both numerical and named character entity values?
The numerical values are taken from the ASCII values for the various characters, but these can be difficult to remember. Because of this, named character entity values were created to make it easier for web page designers to use.
2) What is the advantage of grouping several checkboxes together?
Although checkboxes don’t affect one another, grouping checkboxes together helps to organize them. Checkbox buttons can have their own name and do not need to belong to a group. A single web page can have many different groups of checkboxes.
3) What will happen if you overlap sets of tags?
If two sets of html tags are overlapped, only the first tag will be recognized. You will recognize this problem when the text does not display properly on the browser screen.
4) What are applets?
Applets are small programs that can be embedded within web pages to perform some specific functionality, such as computations, animations, and information processing. Applets are written using the Java language.
5) What if there is no text between the tags or if a text was omitted by mistake? Will it affect the display of the html file?
If there is no text between the tags, then there is nothing to format, so no formatting will appear. Some tags, especially tags without a closing tag like the <img> tag, do not require any text between them.
6) Is it possible to set specific colors for table borders?
You can specify a border color using style sheets, but the colors for a table that does not use style sheets will be the same as the text color.
7) How do you create a link that will connect to another web page when clicked?
To create hyperlinks, or links that connect to another web page, use the href tag. The general format for this is: <a href=”site”>text</a>
Replace “site” with the actual page url that is supposed to be linked to when the text is clicked.
8) What other ways can be used to align images and wrap text?
Tables can be used to position text and images. Another useful way to wrap text around an image is to use style sheets.
9) Can a single text link point to two different web pages?
No. The <a> tag can accept only a single href attribute, and it can point to only a single web page.
10) What is the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list?
The key differences is that the directory and menu lists do not include attributes for changing the bullet style.
11) Can you change the color of bullets?
The bullet color is always the same as that of the first character in the list litem. If you surround the <li> and the first character with a set of <font> tags with the color attribute set, the bullet color and the first character will be a different color from the text.
12) What are the limits of the text field size?
The default size for a text field is around 13 characters, but if you include the size attribute, you can set the size value to be as low as 1. The maximum size value will be determined by the browser width. If the size attribute is set to 0, the size will be set to the default size of 13 characters.
13) Do <th> tags always need to come at the start of a row or column?
Any <tr> tag can be changed to a <th> tag. This causes the text contained within the <th> tag to be displayed as bold in the browser. Although <th> tags are mainly used for headings, they do not need to be used exclusively for headings.
14) What is the relationship between the border and rule attributes?
Default cell borders, with a thickness of 1 pixel, are automatically added between cells if the border attribute is set to a nonzero value. Likewise, If the border attribute is not included, a default 1-pixel border appears if the rules attribute is added to the <table> tag.
15) What is a marquee?
A marquee allows you to put a scrolling text in a web page. To do this, place whatever text you want to appear scrolling within the <marquee> and </marquee> tags.
16) How do you create a text on a webpage that will allow you to send an email when clicked?
To change a text into a clickable link to send email, use the mailto command within the href tag. The format is as follows:
<A HREF=”mailto:youremailaddress”>text to be clicked</A>
17)Use of <br> tags?
The <br> tag is only one way to separate lines of text.
18) How do you make a picture into a background image of a web page?
USE T Below tag:
<body background = “image.gif”>
Replace image.gif with the name of your image file