The people who use the database can be categorized into two different category , these are as follows:
- Database users
- Database administrator (DBA)
Database clients are of four distinct sorts:
1) Naive clients:
These are the unsophisticated clients who connect with the framework by summoning one of the application programs that have been composed already. E.g. consider a client who checks for record equalization data over the World Wide Web. Such a client get to a structure, enters the record number and secret word and so on. What’s more, the application program on the web then recovers the record equalization utilizing given record data which s went to the client.
2) Application developers:
These are PC experts who compose application programs, used to create client interfaces. The application developer uses Rapid Application Development (RAD) toolbox or exceptional kind of programming dialects which incorporate extraordinary elements to encourage era of structures and show of date on screen.
3) Sophisticated clients:
These clients communicate with the db utilizing database question dialect. They present their question to the inquiry processor. At that point Data Manipulation Language (DML) capacities are performed on the database to recover the information. Instruments utilized by these clients are
OLAP(Online Analytical Processing) and information mining apparatuses.
4) Specialized clients:
These clients compose specific database applications to recover information. These applications can be utilized to recover information with complex information sorts e.g. design information and sound information.
A man having who has focal control over information and projects that get to the information is called DBA. Taking after are the elements of the DBA.
1) Schema definition: DBA makes database composition by executing Data Definition Language (DDL) explanations.
2) Storage structure and get to strategy definition
3) Schema and physical association alteration: If any progressions are to be made in the first outline, to fit the need of your association, then these progressions are done by the DBA.
4) Granting of approval adversary information access: DBA can choose which parts of information can be gotten to by which clients. Prior to any client get to the information, dbms checks which rights are conceded to the client by the DBA.
5) Routine support: DBA needs to take intermittent reinforcements of the database, guarantee that enough circle space is accessible to store new information, guarantee that execution of dbms ix not debased by any `operation completed by the clients.