An ecommerce payment gateway is a service that authorizes credit card payments and processes them securely with a user’s account.
Payment gateway is mainly used to buy product from online store. Various payment gateways are present like PayPal, Sage pay, CCAvenue etc.
The service that automates the payment or money transaction between the shopper and merchant. It is usually a third-party process or service that is actually a system of computer processes that process, verify, and accept or decline credit card transactions on behalf of the merchant through secure Internet connections.
When you take a decision about which payment gateway to use in your online store, there are some points to be consider while choosing payment gateway option are:
- How much does the service cost?
- Is the payment gateway is available for online store owners in your country?
- Does the payment gateway require you to have a merchant account?
- Is payment gateway secured or not?
- Is provide support on not?
- Payment gateway supports your country or not?
- PayPal offer their service for free if you only have a few credit card transactions per month on your online store. No need to add security certificate for your website when you use PayPal payment gateway. Because PayPal itself provide security certificate to his site.
- Some payment gateways such as American Express require having a merchant account.
Image Credit :http://www.ranosys.com/blog/industry/ecommerce/payment-gateways/