The best way to approach a job interview for an SEO position is to come in prepared with a solid understanding of the company’s existing websites and documented suggestions as to how you would improve their SEO on the short-term and long-term. Additionally, be prepared to tackle these challenging questions:
- Which Search Engine Optimization tools do you use?
- Which industry thought leaders do you follow in SEO?
- In your previous roles, what metrics did you track, and what kinds of reporting did you provide?
- How have you adapted your SEO style to align with emerging best practices and the recent changes in the Google algorithm?
- What is your mobile strategy?
- How do you approach an SEO-friendly content strategy?
- What do you feel is the three most important elements to on-page SEO?
- What do you feel is the three most important elements to off-page SEO?
- What actions do you recommend to integrate Social Media into your overall SEO strategy?
- How would you describe your link-building process? Do you have a viral strategy?
- How will you integrate your SEO knowledge in with our creative and design team?
- What are some examples of how you’ve brought an increase in organic traffic in your previous organic search campaigns?
- Which peripheral skills (coding, html/css, content strategy, IA, etc.) do you have that can supplement your SEO skills?
- When would you use robots.txt vs. a robots meta tag?
- How would you apply an SEO strategy for a client who had a website programmed in Flash?
Image Credit: www.webtrainings.in