Website Deployment on IIS/ Hosting In IIS:
Step 1: Open Internet Information Services (IIS).
- To open IIS open Run Prompt(Ctrl+R) >> Enter command: ‘inetmgr’
- Open control panel >> Administrative tools >> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
Following window will appear.
Step 2: Creating Website
- Right click on “Sites” folder & Click “Add Website”.
- On Click of Add Website below window will appear.
- Provide your site name. You can choose application pools from drop down.
- Select Target location of Published Website.
Step 3: Application Pool setting:
- Click on the application pool
- Select your site application pool “Edit Application Pool” window will appear. Select “.Net Framework Version” according to your application & click ok.
Browse your website & Enjoy……………….
Step 4: Common Errors while Hosting Application
If you are facing problems please follow following steps:
Step A): Go to the Publish Folder i.e. D:\ HostProjects\
- Open the Data Folder from the Publish Folder.
- Provide following access to the Data Folder >>
- Network Service
- Right Click on Data Folder >> Security tab >> Edit >> Add >> Network Service.
- Provide following access:
- Modify • Read & Execute • List folder contents • Read • Write
On Click of Edit Button:
Add Network Service object name.
Step B): IIS WPG – Similarly follow above steps.
- IIS WPG:
- IIS_WPG group membership provides the minimum set of user rights and permissions required to .
- It provides a convenient way to use a specific user account, which would be a member of run an application.
(iii) IIS_WPG, for the application pool identity without having to manually assign the user rights and permissions to that account.
Error 1: Net framework version error.
Description: This error is caused because of .Net framework version 2.0 is default in your application pool. Sol please changes the version according to your application need. My test application needs .net framework version 4.0 & steps to change are shown below.
Step 1: Go to application pool on “Connections” Explorer of IIS.
Step 2: Double-Click on your application pool following window will open.
Select .net Framework according to your application need & recycle the application pool.
Error 2: HTTP Error 403.14 – Forbidden
Description: HTTP Error 403.14 – Forbidden – The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
Step 1: Open IIS Select IIS Home & double click on “Directory Browsing”
Step 2: Enable Directory Browsing