The concept of Cloud Computing came into existence in 1950 with implementation of mainframe computers, accessible via thin/static clients. Since then, cloud computing has been evolved from static clients to dynamic ones from software to services.
Cloud Computing has various advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- One can access applications as utilities, over the Internet.
- Manipulate and configure the application online at any time.
- It does not require installing a specific piece of software to access or manipulating cloud application.
- Cloud Computing offers online development and deployment tools, programming runtime environment through Platform as a Service model.
- Cloud resources are available over the network in a manner that provides platform independent access to any type of clients.
- Cloud Computing offers on-demand self-service. The resources can be used without interaction with cloud service provider.
- By use of cloud computing you can access your any information document at any time.
- You can stored your personal information or document on cloud and it may help you to find anytime and anywhere
- Cloud Computing is highly cost effective because it operates at higher efficiencies with greater utilization. It just requires an Internet connection.
- Cloud Computing allows multiple tenants to share a pool of resources. One can share single physical instance of hardware, database and basic infrastructure.
- Cloud computing is very easy to scale up or down the resources at any time.
- Cloud Computing allows the users to use web services and resources on demand. One can log on to a website at any time and use them.
- Cloud Computing offers load balancing that makes it more reliable.
- In case of public cloud provider, the customer management interfaces are accessible through the Internet.
Characteristics of Cloud Computing
There are four key characteristics of cloud computing.
- ON DEMAND SELF-SERVICE: Cloud Computing allows the users to use web services and resources on demand. One can logon to a website at any time and use them.
- BROAD NETWORK ACCESS: Since Cloud Computing is completely web based, it can be accessed from anywhere and at any time.
- RESOURCE POOLING: Cloud Computing allows multiple tenants to share a pool of resources. One can share single physical instance of hardware, database and basic infrastructure.
- RAPID ELASTICITY: It is very easy to scale up or down the resources at any time. Resources used by the customers or currently assigned to customers are automatically monitored and resources. It makes it possible